User Profile

Gregoria Carrera

Bio Statement

Keratsini is a huge residential area of Piraeus and part of the Athens city complex. The range from the facility of Athens is about 11 kilometres. The area was formerly a farmhouse, but it was strongly urbanized, generally after the 1950s. The central square of Evgenia is adorned by the statue of the Asia Minor, which was set up in memory of the refugees from the Asia Minor Disaster resolved in the location. Pavlos Fissa Opportunity is the commercial district of the city with numerous stores. Background The Ancient Times Key Entryway: I am The initial negotiation of the Community was built on the hillside of Agios Georgios Hillside at a factor favorable to the possibility of raids and presence at sea. The structures beside the church of St. George and also the numerous finds offer proof that the first settlement in the location was built around 3000 BC. The name of the area was Thymedata and was neighboring with the piratical negotiation of Heracles, both of which belonged to Old Athens. The negotiation was located on the current Opportunity of Democracy, which links Piraeus, Keratsini and also Perama as well as the facility of Athens. It is speculated that Theseus developed his ships there, based on Plutarch's referral to the Identical Life. The site was deserted briefly when Xerxes worked out there. Newer Period The history of the District during the Roman as well as Byzantine durations is unknown. In the 17th century, on capital of Agios Georgios was developed the very first church in the name of Saint Nicholas. The monks of the monastery of Agios Spyridon called the area from Agios Dionysios (old borders) to the hill of Agios Georgios Agriamen. This name did not dominate. The official name, both in Ottoman and Greek documents, was Keratsinion or Tseratsinion, with the latter being extra prevalent. The initial one prevailed in the Modern Greek periods. The name Keratsinion is a complex word from the Kerathia that sprouted there as well as from the name of the proprietor of the entire area from the Hill of Agios Georgios to the Manitica as well as from today's burial ground of Anastasios to Drapetsona, called Ginis or Gynis. Modern History Throughout the Greek Revolution, Georgios Karaiskakis, who built the fortifications in Tabouria, resolved in Keratsini. In 1827 the city was damaged by Kioutachis Pasha as well as stayed deserted till 1830. In 1836 the residents began to settle once more and in 1840 the area (now called New town of Tseratsini) came from the District of Athens. In 1870 it came to be an independent area called Keratsini Town. The Piraeus, in honor of Karaiskakis, developed a temple beside the church of Agios Nikolaos. In 1879 the site was renovated and also exchanged a monastery. In 1963, the holy place was destroyed and a boy was constructed in 2000. Yearly, the "Karaiskakia" is arranged by the Holy Church of St. George, desiring to recognize the Revolutionary Hero, George Karaiskakis. After the arrival of the refugees from Smyrna on 18 January 1934 the location was changed right into a town called the District of Tabouri. Later on it was renamed to the Community of Agios Georgios Keratsini, as well as from 1936 to 1947 the community was called the District of Amfialis on the initiative of the after that mayor, Konstantinos Filandrou. In 1947 today name was developed, the District of Keratsini. In Keratsini, on 13 October 1944, the Battle of Electric, a dispute between ELAS and armed workers and also other people on the one hand as well as the pulling away German conquerors on the various other. The success of the former protected against the destruction of the nuclear power plant, which the last attempted to blow up. The devastation of the plant would certainly make it difficult for the container to be energized for a long period of time. There is an exhibit of the Historical Archive of PPC as well as a memorial to the dead fighters has been put up. Today Leoforos Dimokratis - Keratsini The Town of Keratsini is associated with the district of Drapetsona in 2011 as well as other communities in Greece.

προαστια πειραια