Reader Comments

Meditation In A Bottle

by Alisa Princy (2020-01-07)


These days there is Meditation In A Bottle Review no need for anyone to have a phobia. This paper is to assess the problems of treating Chinese patients using western psychotherapy techniques and methods. In the first instance we need to look at the real problem in China of mental health breakdown and cultural boundaries to the treatment of clients presenting themselves for counselling. Introduction The crisis in mental health in China is reaching epidemic proportions, in one report in the Shenzhen area one in five adults is reporting mental health problems. (China Daily 2007). In a survey in this city of 7,000 respondents who were 18 or above, 21% said they had experienced a problem and 17% that they were currently suffering from depression or stress related problems. In Guangzhou, extramarital affairs are running at the rate of 52% causing many women to fear for their futures in a society where they submit to men's dominance. (China Daily 2007). Of these only 10% sort some sort of support from mental health professionals. Hospitals report that on average they only have about 10% of the psychiatrists they actually need to cope and in Shenzhen they have 400 licensed counsellors most of which have little real experience or professional training. In the capital Beijing, 20% of residents were considered to be sub-healthy in mental states! It is estimated that at any one time 130,000 serious psychiatric patients are wondering the city streets uncared for. The purpose of this paper is to look at the implications of therapeutic practice for the Western therapists in China and the training of new Chinese therapists to reach Western standards. Suicide amongst the young in China is the highest in the world, 52% of all deaths occur in China as compared to the other 48% in the rest of the world combined. The Chinese Client - A Profile: What makes up the thinking processes in the typical Chinese patient? For the therapist the first step is to understand some fundamental aspects of the national character. I have listed some of the more obvious ones and shall discuss them separately. The first thing for the Western therapist has to understand is the client before them is not going to tell you the truth. This is not uncommon even amongst more free-thinking Western patients. However for the Chinese this goes deeper. Face means not being put in a position of shame. In the culture as a whole the taboo of mental illness is high. People will not admit to anyone that a family member has a problem of this kind or that they themselves are mentally unhealthy.

https://whatpeopleswant.com/meditation-in-a-bottle-review/